"Giving new life to old wood"

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Visited my friend Ben this past weekend. We played golf at this course where I had my greatest one day turnaround in a junior tournament, Bow Creek Golf Course. Very nostalgic. I was 14 years old. My grandfather was following me around the first day of the tourney and it was either a 24 hour virus or the fact that my grandfather gave me a rootbeer first thing in the morning immediately after I brushed my teeth, but I fell extremely ill on the back nine of the course. So much so that I yaked on 3 of the last 4 holes and took a snowman (eight) on 15, 16, and 17, for a total of 92. Day two I was in the back of the pack and no where near contention when I teed off at 7:45am one of hte first groups. Well, after telling my grandfather, "No thanks" to the rootbeer, I went out and shot a 75 that day and secured 5th place in the tourney. A miraculous 17 stroke swing. I have since never played so differently from one day to the next. I have a had a coulple of 15 stroke swings from the front nine to the back (50, 35) but those are stories for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home