"Giving new life to old wood"

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Found out last Friday night that Golden Tee 2005 has come to Atlanta. It is at Smith's Olde Bar. Heaven.

Was out with the girlfriend and her sister and some other folks I didn't know when I decided to retreat to the restroom. While walking to the restroom I did my usual survey the scene to see if anyone was playing. Like a beacon from above light shone down on the glorious well lit GOLDEN TEE 2005 signage. So i beelined to the machine to check out the new screenshots. Now, I only only been gone for a minute and was supposed to be going to the restroom. But this was a concert night at Smiths and it was pretty crowded so who would've known how long it shoudl've taken me to use the restroom. Plus everyone was chatting away back at the table anyway and probably wouldn't miss me. So i threw my dollar in a played a quick 3 holes. Heaven. Tougher holes. Stronger winds. Larger slopes on the greens. This was going to take a while to master. But the three holes were over and I sooooo contemplated tossing in another $3 for the full 18 but I did have to use the restroom and they might start to wonder where I had been. So Tee 2005 would have to wait another day......and that was all it would have to wait because I rounded up a foursome on Saturday and hit the links once again.

Song in my head: "Come Downstairs and Say Hello" - Guster

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home