"Giving new life to old wood"

Monday, August 16, 2004

I have a problem. I have never been an overly sensitive person. Growing up I was called a little stoic. However, in the past few years I have experienced feelings of elation, disappointment, happiness, sadness, anger, and even fear. The reason i bring this up is because I watched about 10 hours of Olympic coverage this weekend and found myself tearing up at the end of nearly every race. It didn't matter whether it was the gold medal final or the first heat of 6 in the women's 8 rowing. Maybe it's the music. Maybe it's Bob Costas. Maybe it's the heartwarming vignettes about the homeless athletes who are living the dream. Either way, i have been having to push back the tears so the Girl doesn't think i am a wuss.

Song in my head - "Olympic theme song" - Anon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home