"Giving new life to old wood"

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Yesterday, apparently, there was a huge blowdryer overtop of the city of Atlanta. I don't know how to explain it. Now, we all know what hot weather feels like. It could only be 90 degrees outside and it feels like you are melting. I know to some of you that might be hot. but trust me it isn't as hot as it coudl be here. it is one thing when the temp is 88 deg but then there is 70% humidity. Ok, so that then gives you a heat index. Take the temperature, then add the number associated with the humidity and that gives you the heat index temp. What the air feels like to your body. So according to my calculation it was 158 degrees yesterday. Now i am no meteorologist so i'm not sure if you can really trust my math on that but trust me it was freaking hot. And the "breeze" was blowing hot air. Seriously, it was the weirdest thing. You know when you get out of the shower in the summer and there is no A/C and you can't dry off enough actually put on deodorant and have it stick to your person? Yeah, that was yesterday. Today, the breeze is actually at least 10 deg cooler than the ambient temp so that is nice. Sorry for the rambling rant. I hate the summer. Especially in Atlanta. Did i mention i hate summer?

Playing golf on Saturday. At 7:45am. Yes, that sounds early but trust me if we were to try and tee off a few hours later we would be dousing ourselves in water and rosin just to try and hold on to the club in the extreme heat. I figure this way we can at least be on the back nine before our shirts have been hermetically sealed to our backs. They need to make linen boxers. For real. I need something that breathes.

Song in my head: "What's your name" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home